- Additive Manufacturing Processes
- Analysis & Instrumentation
- Cleaning, Polishing & Grinding
- Clinical Analysis & Diagnostics
- Coating & Surface Treatment
- Controlled & Modified Atmospheres
- Cutting, Joining & Heating
- Freezing & Cooling
- Heat Treatment
- Inerting, purging, sparging
- Leisure & Lifestyle
- Melting & Heating
- Petrochemical Processing & Refining
- Plastics & Rubber Processing
- Process Chemistry
- Water Treatment
Why trade speed for quality?
When you can have both!
The time for compromises and trade-offs in aluminium welding is over. ARCLINE® PP is an all-new welding process that combines the speed gains of MIG welding with the quality benefits of TIG welding. It reduces your need for weld preparation and post-work, minimises your rejection rate and lets you weld at speeds of up to 200 cm/min. At the same time, it decreases your risk of porosity and tungsten or oxide inclusions. This is aluminium welding fit for the 21st century.
Overcoming the challenges of aluminium welding.
Aluminium and its alloys are growing in importance across a wide range of industries and applications. Even so, it remains a difficult material to work with.
The MIG welding process is quick and easily mastered but can result in strength and weld integrity issues that often require re-work. Meanwhile, TIG welding reliably creates high-quality workpieces but requires more time, skill and experience on the part of the welder.
ARCLINE ® PP has been designed to sidestep the traditional issues that aluminium welders face, finally resolving the dilemma of speed versus quality, and giving you a new benchmark in across-the-board productivity.
Welcome to the aluminium revolution.
The ground-breaking performance of the ARCLINE PP aluminium welding system relies on three unique characteristics:
- ARCLINE® PP features a positively energised tungsten electrode that provides constant cathodic cleaning of the welding area. This reduces the risk of inclusions and minimises the need for post-weld cleaning.
- ARCLINE® PP uses two separate gas streams. The outer shroud of shielding gas protects the weld from atmospheric impurities, improving its quality. The inner stream of focus gas concentrates and stabilises the arc, increasing its power density and ensuring safe single-pass welding of plates that are up to 10 mm thick.
- ARCLINE® PP is equipped with a highly sophisticated liquid cooling system that ensures efficient cooling of the tungsten electrode. This greatly extends the electrode lifecycle while giving you the ability to weld with peak currents of up to 450 A.
The result: Outstanding performance with minimal weld preparation, post-processing and rejects, paired with extraordinary speed and a significant reduction in fume emissions when compared with MIG aluminium welding.
Dual gas stream gives you the welding performance you need.
ARCLINE ® PP is more than just a revolutionary welding torch. It's a convenient, end-to-end solution that consists of an entire range of components that help you optimise your aluminium welding process. The unparalleled speed and accuracy of ARCLINE ® PP are enabled by its advanced dual gas stream, so selecting the right gases is essential. Linde will guide you through its recommended focus and shielding gases to ensure you pick the best fit for your application.
The focus gas concentrates the arc to increase its power density and improve its stability. Our focus gases combine inert argon with an active component to ensure excellent penetration and seam appearance on every weld.
Recommended focus gases:
VARIGON® S (ISO 14175 - Z – ArO – 0.03)
MISON® Ar (ISO 14175 - Z – ArNO – 0.03)
The shielding gas, argon, forms the outer shroud that protects the weld from the risk of oxidation and unwanted soot deposits. At the same time, it enables smooth bead formation and deep weld penetration.
Recommended Shielding Gases:
ARCLINE® PP: Experience perfection.
Benefits for MIG welders.
- Deep weld penetration
- Unprecedented quality
- Excellent surface finish
- Reduces post-processing
- Minimised re-work
Benefits for TIG welders.
- Less weld preparation
- Unheard-of welding speeds
- Outstanding weld quality
- Easy control of distortion and heat loss
- Minimises porosity and oxide inclusions
Benefits for businesses.
- Greater productivity
- Improves weld integrity
- Low-complexity welding process
- Decreased labor hours
- Improved bottom line / profitablity
ARCLINE® PP in action.